Tuesday 19 May 2015

3 days to go

As always, when faced with a huge decision, the time I started to play with the idea of quitting my job, I wrote a pros and cons list to be able to clearly see what I was getting myself into. And now you are so lucky, that you can take a peek into my secret list right here:

Cons:
- well, no salary = obvious minus,
- giving up career (but I could always come back, right? - worst case scenario),
- the unexplainable fear that I will never ever find a job again, EVER (in harder moments I even imagine myself unemployed and homeless!!),
- choosing the hard way in life by following dreams (that will turn into a huge plus, once I reached them!)
- and last, but not least, who will pay my taxes and contributions??

I understand that these things might seem silly to some of you, but to me, these were serious issues!

Now the pros:
- time (yesss!)
- freedom (yesss!!!)
- becoming myself again (as many people claimed that I became different, more serious, less fun, etc. - that I really hated to hear, but had to admit was kind of true... And look, how much more fun I am already! *irony* :))))
- stepping on the road of ~dreams~ (I cannot express this feeling any differently)
- doing things that I really love - starting to write again, review my previous stories, publish them, start a blog, start a life, and so on, and so on,
- more time with Tim,
- more time with friends,
- more time with family,
- more time with Biscuit (my sweet little cat)
- more time with myself!
- and finally, have I mentioned "more time" already?? :)

Balance of the pros and cons: that's obvisouly a fair victory for the pros - officially confirmed by me.

And now, here I am, with only three more days to go as a lawyer!!!

I'm so excited!!!
Sing it sisters!!!
 
 

11 comments:

  1. I know having the free time is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I already have plans like until August about the things I want to do with all my free time! :)

      Delete
  2. Praying that everything goes smoothly as you transition and you reach those goals and dreams my friend. Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, girls!! :) I need those prayers and every good wishes!

      Besides, I love your blog, it is really beautiful!

      Delete
  3. Making a pros and cons list is really the best way to make decisions. Happy free time to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! Get it girl! I hope one day I will be able to quit full time and pursue my dreams more. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I am sure you can do it! If that is what you really want, eventually you will do it, and pursue your dreams. I really beleive in it! :)

      Delete
  5. The way might be hard but I am sure that it is totally worth it !!
    Good luck to you sister !

    ReplyDelete
  6. “Shoot for the moon, because even if you miss you miss, you'll land in the stars.” I love this quote. You will never know if you don't try and if this is what you need, go for it girl! I'm happy for you! And I can't wait to see all you have planned :)

    ReplyDelete