Wednesday 13 May 2015

I choose to be happy right now!

I was having a lazy afternoon coffee with my favorite Vivi in the world today, when an interesting topic came up.

The procrastination of happiness.

Have you ever noticed that we tend to always wait for the moment when we will finally be doing something that we have been waiting for sooo long? That we always say "oh, I cannot wait for the weekend", "oh, I cannot wait for the summer", "oh, I cannot wait to be retired to have all the free time".

But when the moment comes the ecstasy doesn't. We might not even notice when the weekend, the summer (or even the retirement) is finally here. We just set a new imaginary moment, and continue to wait for this vague point in the future when we expect to be happy.

We always procrastinate happiness.

I really hate this.

And I humbly, but deeply disagree with this way of looking at life.

I want to be happy and I am happy right now.

I decided that I will notice each moment and will never forget to seize the day!

Isn't it a wonderful day today, in the middle of the sunshiny month of May?




 

8 comments:

  1. Yes indeed, the most happy moments are often not the ones we expect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes yes! No better time to be happy than right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes yes! No better time to be happy than right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to *meet* you--stopping in from the FB Authentic Bloggers group :)

    1) I couldn't agree more. Far too often, we put off until tomorrow what we should be doing today. And it's always a good day to focus on being happier. I will say I have been doing a lot more mindful meditation and it has helped me immensely.

    2) HOW COOL THAT YOU WENT TO TRANNSYLVANIA!

    Hope you have a great rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It's nice to meet you too!! Thanks for stopping by!

      1) Yes, that is what I decided to do now: I will focus on the "todays", and not miss out on the smallest moment of happiness. :)

      2) Yess! Transylvania was soooo cool!! Did you see that I wrote a whole post about it? http://sunshineisinmybag.blogspot.de/2015/05/cluj-napoca-or-how-to-compress-120.html

      Have a beautiful day, Pixie!!! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! I totally agree with you! People are always waiting for a moment they can be happy in, and when that moment comes people don't even notice thats what they've been wiating for! There is a great quote about this! Awww unfortunatly I can't post the picture in this comment so I will write it down.. :-)
    "HAPPINESS IS NOT A DESTINATION, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE"
    I think happiness comes from the small things, from things that don't cost money, like wrapping yourself in a warm blanket on a cold winters day.. :-)
    Have a great day Andi! Super post! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete